Monday, June 1, 2015

cinnamon honey roasted nuts

I love, love, love the bulk bins at Whole Foods.  I don't even know what half the things are in the bins, nor would I know how to cook with them, but I sure do love buying my nuts and flours in bulk.  Saves so much money, plus it gives me another excuse to use cute little jars for storage.


The problem with the bulk bins is sometimes the product comes out way too fast and once you dispense, there is no going back.  This is how I ended up with four pound of raw cashews.  I made a couple batches of grainless granola, but I still had way too many cashews left.  Enter roasted cashews!  You could easily swap out cashews for any nut or nuts of your choice.

Cinnamon Honey Roasted Cashews
4 cups raw cashews
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp raw honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt honey in a saucepan or microwave and stir in cinnamon.  Pour mixture over cashews and stir to coat evenly.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread cashews into a single layer on sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.   Watch them close at the end because they burn in a hurry.  Burned nuts = bad.  Cashews are done when they just start to turn brown.  Cool completely and store in an airtight container.  A cute jar perhaps?


This batch got just a touch over done.  See, you gotta keep an eye on your nuts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment