Sunday, September 13, 2015

stupid easy stir fry

Sometimes I don't even want to have to think about what to make for dinner. I don't want to follow a recipe, and I want it to be done fast. Is that too much to ask? I came up with this recipe one day when I had some things sitting in my fridge that needed to be used up. I tossed them all together in a pan and BOOM, dinner was done.


Stupid Easy Stir Fry
1 package of chicken sausages (I like Applegate Organics)
1 pineapple, cut into chunks
2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 tsp sea salt

Instructions:
Cut sausages into 1/2 inch thick pieces and arrange in a pan so that the cut sides are down. This ensures they all get nice and brown. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip the pieces and add your other ingredients. Cover and cook for about 7 more minutes, stirring a couple times. Cook until the broccoli is tender, but not mushy.   If you use frozen broccoli, it will cook quicker, so be sure to keep an eye on it. Serve it up, drizzle with a little more aminos, and you have dinner in under 15 minutes!


Notes:
You can also swap any other veggies for the broccoli. I've tried it with red bell pepper and it's super tasty. I bet zucchini would be yummy, too. I've also used kilebasa in place of the chicken sausages. Yes, I realize these meats are somewhat processed, but sometimes convenience wins. Check the ingredient list because you can find them without all the added preservatives and nitrates. I like the Applegate brand the best, but sometimes Costco carries the Coleman Organic brand that are pretty good, too.

Coconut aminos is a great substitute for soy sauce, which typically has both gluten and soy. You can find coconut aminos at any health food stores.


Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment