Wednesday, May 27, 2015

easy salad dressing

I haven't really met many salad dressings that I don't like.  I can remember as a kid eating those crunchy chow mein noodles drenched in Dorothy Lynch dressing.  Nothing else.  Just noodles and dressing.  Mmmmmmm, tasty!

Well, trying to live an unprocessed life means no more bottled salad dressings.  I try to eat some greens with either lunch or dinner, so I had to start making my own dressing.  Turns out it's really easy and tastes so much better than the bottled stuff.

Here are my go-to dressings:

Easy Balsamic Dressing
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt

Don't like balsamic?  Swap it out for apple cider vinegar for a different twist.

Honey Mustard Dressing
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp raw honey
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt

I like to mix mine in one of these bottles because you can measure right in the bottle and it has a no mess pour.


Or a good ole fashion mason jar would do.  I sure do love me some mason jars...


Now go on, throw out that Dorothy Lynch and those chow mein noodles, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment