Sunday, April 28, 2013

homemade ranch dressing

Ranch has quickly passed up ketchup as the favorite condiment in our house.  E requests "ench" at just about every meal and dips everything from carrots to apple slices in the creamy goodness.  Until recently I truly thought I was doing good just buying the "light" variety of a popular ranch brand.  Ummmm, NO!  Have you looked at the ingredients?  What the heck is disodium guanylate?  Rule number one - if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it!!

I decided step one to unprocessing our lives would be getting rid of the bottled stuff.  I tried out this recipe from the Pioneer Woman (love her!) and it passed the picky four year old test.  Wahoo!!  I decided I couldn't put jarred mayo in my homemade ranch, so I whipped up a batch of that, too.

Homemade Ranch Dressing (From Pioneer Woman)
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup parsley, minced
2 tbsp dill
1 tbsp chives
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk (depending on desired consistency

I just threw everything into the food processor and mixed it up for a bit.  Both boys said it was delish.  Point for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment