Saturday, July 25, 2015

sopsky salad

While in college, I spent a semester living abroad in Prague, Czech Republic. I will not say "studying" abroad because there was very little studying that took place during my stay. It is still to this day one of the best experiences of my life, and this city will always be special to me.


Czech cuisine is nothing to write home about, but the beer, oh my, the beer. Our dorm had both a pub and a vending machine with beer, so that shows you how they prioritize. See why there wasn't much studying going on?

There was one salad served at a lot of restaurants that I still make at home during the summer. It's called the sopsky (pronounced shop-ski) salad and it's just four simple ingredients. There is no dressing, but the liquid from the veggies and the cheese sort of come together to make a dressing. It's so tasty when the tomatoes are at their best! This salad is the perfect side dish to take to that backyard cookout or pot luck dinner.

Sopsky Salad
2 medium tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 green pepper (red, yellow, or orange works too)
1/2 cup feta cheese

Instructions:
Chop veggies into similar sizes, about 1/2 inch pieces. Mix in feta cheese. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Makes about 4 cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment