Thursday, June 12, 2014

smoothie pops

Popsicles have been a staple in my life for as long as I can remember. As a kid, the freezer was always stocked with popsicles for an afternoon break from the pool. It's no surprise that my own kids love the frozen, summer treat as well.


We make a lot of smoothies in our house, so I thought frozen smoothie pops would be a healthier alternative to regular popsicles. I ordered these reusable silicone popsicle molds from Amazon and they seem to work pretty well so far.


I found it a little difficult to fill them, so standing them up a few at a time in a cup seems to help. They do make a little holder, but the cup seems to work fine.



Once they are filled, pop the top on and store them flat in the freezer....no leaking so far! Once they are ready to eat, I run them under hot water just to loosen them up a bit.


Here is the recipe I've been using, but you can pretty much put anything in these molds to freeze.

Smoothie Pops
1 cup plain yogurt
2 cups frozen berries 
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup water

Place yogurt, berries and syrup in blender and blend until fully mixed. Add water as needed while blender is still going until you reach the desired consistency. Pour into molds and place in freezer. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment